This content has been created as part of my involvement in the Microsoft Connections Program.
My involvement with the Microsoft Connections Program is coming to a close and it has almost taken me THAT long to really become “one” with the Nokia Lumia 925 that I have been using. I didn’t like it so much when I first started with it, only because I was used to the apps of the other phone I was using. And if you know me, you know that I don’t like change all that much.
But as the months passed and I had time to play with my Lumia, I was discovering more and more what this little phone could do.
And the camera is awesome! I love that I don’t need to lug around a camera as well as everything else that find its way into my handbag. I have a camera right there in my pocket All. The. Time.
I’m not a specs type of person but you might be so here are the specs on the camera of the Nokia Lumia 925:
The Main Camera
- primary camera sensor size: 8.7MP pureview
- camera focus type: auto focus with two stage capture key
- camera digital zoom: 4x
- ZEISS optics: Yes
- Sensor size: 1/3 inch
- Camera F number/aperture: f/2.0
- Camera focal length: 26 mm
- Camera minimum focus range: 8 cm
- Camera image format: JPEG/Exif
- Camera Flash Type: Dual-LED Flash
- Flash operating range: 3.0 m
- Flash modes: Off, Automatic, On.
Main camera features
Camera feature: Touch Focus, Landscape orientation, Exposure Compensation, Auto and Manual Exposure, Auto and Manual White Balance, Still Image Editor, Face recognition, Full Screen Viewfinder, Geotagging, 6-lens optics, Automatic photo upload to web services, Backside-illuminated image sensor, Creative Studio, Full resolution photo and video upload, Optical image stabilization, PureView, True 16:9 sensor, Image capturing, Capture modes: Video, Still, Scene modes: Automatic, Sports, Night; White balance modes: Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Daylight, Automatic; Light sensitivity: Automatic, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200.
- Secondary camera resolution: 1280 x 960 pixels pixels
- Secondary camera f-number/aperture: f/2.4
- Secondary camera – other features: Video recording, HD 1.2 MP wide angle, Still image capture, Video call.
And then you have the photography apps that enhance the camera….
- Photography apps .Nokia Smart Camera: Shoots a sequence of photos, making it easier to capture great moments. Choose your Best Shot or combine the photos into one picture, make a strobe effect to emphasize motion, remove unwanted objects or choose the best faces for great group shots
- Cinemagraph: A magical blend of photo and movie-like animation, creating pictures that seem almost alive. Helpful on-screen assistance lets you select the animated area of your picture and easily create and edit a cinemagraph. You can share your cinemagraph with friends via social media, email and messaging
- PhotoBeamer: PhotoBeamer is an innovative and easy way to show your pictures on any screen. Point your Nokia Lumia at any screen displaying www.photobeamer.com and enjoy your photos anywhere with family and friends. It’s a mobile projector that’s always at hand
All of that is good and well but if you are anything like me, it’s the photos that the camera produces that makes that me pay attention. So I thought I would share some of the photos I have taken over the last couple of months.
With no filters. Straight out of my Nokia Lumia 925 camera.
When I started with the Microsoft Connections Program, I thought I would just use the Nokia Lumia for that time only and then go back to my other phone, but I think I’m now sold on it. And will continue using it as my mobile phone/camera.
Do you use your phone camera more? Or do you still tote around a “”traditional” camera?