Recently Samelia’s Mum shared her recipe for Mexican Inspired Layered Dip and asked what is your favourite dip or dish to make for Summer get togethers.
That layered dip is one of my favourites too.
And then I thought of Spinach Cob Loaf Dip. It is the noms!
So I am sharing how we make it…
Spinach Cob Loaf Dip
- cob loaf
- 2 x 250g packets of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 x packet of spring vegetable dry soup mix (not one with dry noodles in it – don’t ask!)
- 3 x spring onions, chopped
- 1 baguette
To make it, you:
- Hollow out the cob loaf and cut the bread (and baguette) into bite size pieces
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, dry soup mix and chopped spring onions and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mixture into the hollow cob loaf
- Stand back and watch the whole thing get devoured
The funny thing with this is that some of my children swear that they HATE spinach and yet they will practically inhale this dip.
Definitely a must-have at our Summer BBQs.